Ok, so these aren't completely sugar-free. But it's Christmas, and everyone deserves a little treat every now and then. These cookies are softy and fluffy, and use less than half the sugar of most cookies. If you're looking for a tasty chocolatey treat, then this is the guy for you.
Cheeky Choc Chip Cookies
- 1 cup Pitted Dates (soaked in boiling water)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 70g Butter (cubed)
- 2 tbs Peanut Butter (sugar free)
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 2 Eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt (if using)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended)
- Once the dates have been soaking for 10 minutes, drain them, then blend it till you have a very smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, add the date paste, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Then using an electric mixer, beat it all together till it's well blended, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Now, using a spoon, mix in all the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Once you have a thick dough, take about a tablespoon size of the cookie dough, roll it in your hand and place on some baking paper over a chopping board.
- Place it in the fridge while you preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Once your oven is ready to go, place the cookies on the baking paper onto a baking tray and bake for 7 minutes
- Take them out the oven, flatten with a fork, then bake for another 6 minutes.
- Let it cool on a rack for 5 minutes or so and enjoy.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. The dough can keep in the fridge wraped in cling wrap for up to 1 week.