Good old Anzac Cookie. We were supposed to make these in time to celebrate Anzac Day, but then life got in the way. I suppose these are great anytime of the year really.
- 1 cup Quick oats
- 1 cup Flour (plain)
- 1/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup Desiccated coconut
- 120g Unsalted butter
- 2 tbs Rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb soda
- 1 tbs Boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a small pot.
- Mix the bicarb with boiling water in separate bowl, then add to melted butter and mix it in well.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients nd mix it in together.
- Roll about 2 tbs of the cookie mixture into a ball and flatten slightly, then place on baking tray, and repeat till you have used up all the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Depending on your oven, it might need a little longer and a minute less.
- Take out the oven and let it cool down to crisp up.
Store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.