These muffins turned out really yummy and are perfect for anytime of the day. They make a great finger food for little bubs, a delicious snack for the bigger ones, or even a healthy breakfast. With a young bub around it's not very often that we all get to eat the same food, but sometimes we can, and this is one of those foods that we can all eat together. They are super moist (I hate using that word, but I did - sorry) and fluffy and have a lovely hint of sweetness from the apples. We made these today, but will definitely make them on a regular basis.
Carrot Apple Muffins
- 2 cups Self raising Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 small Apples (peeled and grated)
- 1 large Carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1/3 cup Apple sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 70g Butter (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and get muffin tray ready.
- Mix the flour, oats and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Grate the carrot and apples into the flour and mix it in, covering it in the flour.
- Add the apples sauce, eggs, milk and melted butter and mix it all together.
- Spoon into each muffin hole and bake for 12-15 minutes (until toothpick come out clean).
- Let rest in muffin tray for 5 minutes then take out and let cool.
Store in fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.