I called this one "Afternoon veggie muffins" cause it takes minimal effort to make, and is a perfect solution to the afternoon hunger attack. This literally took me 5 minutes to prep, then in the oven it goes while Frankie and I played hairdresser. These muffins are quite moist due to the lack of flour, so don’t freak out if they seem underdone. They aren't, they are delicious.
Afternoon Veggie Muffins
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Carrot
- 1/4 Cauliflower
- 2 Spring onions
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Oregano
- 1/2 cup Self-raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Ricotta
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Grate the zucchini, carrot and cauliflower into a large bowl. Then slice the spring onion and add to the veggies.
- Sift in the flour, then add the salt and oregano and mix it all together.
- Add the eggs and give it a good mix.
- Add the ricotta, grated cheese and milk and mix it all together.
- Spoon into muffin tray and bake for 25 minutes, then turn oven off and let cool in oven for another 10 minutes or so.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.