I don't know about you guys, but anything heart shaped goes down a treat, no matter what it is. These mini coco nut hearts are decadent as hell, but delicious and full of good fats. Perfect as an afternoon snack or dessert.
Mini Coco Nut Hearts
- 7 Dates
- 1 cup Cashews (soaked in cold water at least 1 hour)
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 1 tbs Coco powder
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup Peanut butter
- 1 tbs Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- Soak the cashews in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Cover the pitted dates in boiling water, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and dates, add to a blender and blitz till smooth. Add the almond meal and coco powder and blend till it clumps into one big ball.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper and squish the base mixture down to cover the tray and get a nice smooth surface.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes and prepare the topping.
- Blitz the coconut for 5 minutes till its wet (might need to scrap down sides every minute or so).
- Add the peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pour on top of the base and spread over evenly, then pop back into the freezer and let it set for 20 minutes.
- Take it out the tray, let it rest for 5 minutes then cut out little shapes using a cookie cutter.
- You can roll the left over pieces into small balls to make energy balls.
Store in fridge or freezer.