These biscuits have no refined sugar and very little honey to sweeten the deal. The swirl pattern got Frankie's interest and it was so much fun getting her involved in this one.
- 160g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Flour + extra for kneading dough
- 1 1/2 tbs Honey
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Frozen Berries
- 3 tbs Water
- 1 tsp Honey
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, then add the butter and rub together with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the honey and mix with a spoon as it's quite sticky at this point.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and place the dough on top.
- Knead the dough a little, adding more flour until it's easier to handle and nice and smooth in texture. Then place in some cling wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Place the frozen berries, water and honey into a small pot and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid has completely evaporated and tastes sweet, place into a blender.
- Blend till smooth, then put aside until assembling the cookies.
- Cut the dough into 3 portions and place 1 portion between two sheets of baking paper.
- Roll the dough out to about 2cm thick, then spread some jam on top.
- Roll the dough tightly into a sausage shape, then wrap in cling wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Repeat from step 1 with the remaining dough and jam.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with some baking paper.
- Take the rolled up dough, then cut 3cm discs and place on baking tray. Pop in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. They do get a little soft so, best eaten within a few days.