I usually make veg burger patties with beans and herbs, but I had a massive bag of frozen veg just sitting in my freezer. I wanted to make some space in the freezer, so I decided to test out something a little different. This recipe is simple to make and the mini size is super manageable for little people.
Mini Veg Burgers
- 2 cups Mixed frozen (boiled)
- 1/3 cup Grated cheese
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 tbs Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Tomato sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180
- Blend the boiled veggies till they are mashed up nicely, but not too smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients, (except the tomato sauce) and mix it all together
- Scoop a tablespoon into your hands, roll it and put it onto your prepared baking tray.
- Repeats till you have finished the mixture. (It is quite wet, but don’t worry as it will combine when cooked)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes (flip half way through)
- Cut out small discs of bread
- Spoon the tomato sauce on one side of the bread, then place the patty, followed by some fresh spinach and top off with another piece of bread.
Store in air tight container in the fridge for up 3-5 days. Can also freeze the patties for up to 3 months.